Saturday, December 1, 2007

NaNoWriMo

So, it's over. I can resume reading, and then writing about what I've read in this blog. Aren't you thrilled? You should be. I plan to start off easy with Wake Up, Sir, and then finish off the two I was working on before NaNo started. Now, my thoughts on my first year of NaNoWriMo.

I did it. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, and I knew it would be easy. If my three blogs don't prove that I can produce 50,000 words a month, then what else could? I had difficulty writing on one topic, however, and keeping my plot consistent. Here is a short rundown of what I remember my book being about:

Main character, Catherine. She has friends, she dates, she's surprisingly like me. She gets into a relationship, leaves it for another relationship. Pretty boring stuff. I became bored with myself, and changed it up. She has a psychotic break, of sorts, and goes off the map. What happens next is the author speaks to characters from earlier in the book, trying to figure out where she has gone. A journal of hers is discovered and we read again from Catherine's point of view about her psychotic break and return to sanity. She works to avoid the author, but runs into her outside of a photo-development place in Nebraska. She falls asleep in a revival theater and on the train ride home in the morning, meets someone who makes her laugh. The end.

Of course, there are a lot of quirks in there, but that is as simple a "plot line" as I can describe. I suppose it's open for reading, but it's unedited and will most likely be a disappointment.

Now, back to the reading of those who are worthy!

No comments: